He was born in Huánuco on May 14, 1918, in the home formed by Ricardo Figueroa and Martha Roggero. He married Teresa Alfagemis. He is the pioneer of Peruvian Naval Aviation.
He entered as Cadet to the Naval School in February of 1935, graduating like Ensign of Frigate in December of 1940. He had participated in the war with Ecuador in 1941. He reached the rank of Second Lieutenant in February of 1944, and was Commander of the BAP "America" and "Curaray" between July of 1946 and February of 1948, already with the gallons of Lieutenant First. It comprised of the commission that in 1951 traveled to the United States for the acquisition of several destroyers. Between 1949 and 1954 it served in the endowment of the BAP "Grau", "Aguirre", "Palacios" and "Rodríguez"; In 1956 was highlighted to the BAP "Rímac". In January 1959 he was Second Commander of the Naval Station "San Lorenzo".
It was his father, another marine engineer who, based on his studies in England, managed to design an airplane in 1912, that would influence in its aspirations like aviator. In 1942 he entered the Aeroclub de Limatambo, where he came to pilot a "Taylor Craft" type plane. On December 5, 1957 he was finally able to receive a civilian pilot, after completing a full flight practice at the Aeroclub de Collique. Coincidentally with this fact, it was reestablished in the Navy the qualification of Pilot Aviator. Thus, Captain Corvette Figueroa Roggero turned out to be the first officer of the third stage of our Naval Aviation that wore the Wing of that denomination.
In 1958 he took courses at the Air War Academy; And in 1960, already with the class of Captain of Frigate, obtained the previous year, was designated to follow the course of piloting of helicopters in the Venezuelan air force. Upon returning to Peru, he contributed, as Commander of the Mobile Artillery Group, to acquire the first Bell 47G type helicopters. That same year he commanded the BAP "Zorritos". His constant efforts related to aviation were finally rewarded with the creation of the Aeronaval Service, through Supreme Decree No. 0018. But his ambitions will not know truce: as head of the brand new division, managed to equip it with Piper Aztec and Douglas C- 47, thus reviving air transport in 1966. As Captain of Ship, Figueroa Roggero requested his retirement from active service, which became effective on July 21, 1974. Ten years later he was again called to serve as Captain of the port of Pacasmayo, where he managed to build an airport, which Would be called headquarters of the School of Naval Aviation. It ceased to exist in Lima, on May 25, 1995.